I am blogging because I am procrastinating. I am procrastinating because I am supposed to be writing. This is technically writing, but not the right writing.
Clearly karma is smiting me for my insolence with heartburn. I'm not sure which part of my "supper" offended my digestive system, but apparently something has yet again.
I decided, declared even, that I want to have my novel finished by my 23rd birthday. Now, in case you're not keeping track, that's on the 30th. The problems are two fold:
1. My writing habit has been less of a habit and more of an occasional dalliance.
and, which I consider to be a very important problem
2. I'm not really sure how long this novel is going to be, exactly.
I've "budgeted" myself at about 2,000 words a day, which will be about 22k words, which will put me at about 76k give or take. I'd LIKE to think that will be enough, but I can see myself hitting 80-85k, and as far as publishing it goes (knowing that inevitably in revision, I'll lose chunks) I would be more comfortable hitting that range. But that puts me at like 3k a day...and that just sounds scary, considering I'd like to spend LESS time on the computer, not more.
So I figure that one of three things will happen in the next handful of days. Either I will actually finish the novel, my house will be really really clean, or I will just flat out go insane. But there you have it. At least I'll have a legitimate excuse for not blogging. :)
Ok. Now I really SHOULD go write another 1-2k words so I can go to bed. Does anyone else have a feeling that my sleep schedule is going to be completely inverted in a couple of weeks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Need me to get out my pom-poms? Not that I own any. But for you, I'd pretend. :-)
Wow, it's like you're Nano-ing all over again.
Go Sarah!! Go Sarah!!
Post a Comment