Wednesday, April 15, 2009

From my heart to the blog.

I mentioned this family before. Since we gave them furnishings, we've kept in touch. They're actually the basis for a home church, now. The church cares for them as much as they can, taking food and toiletries down whenever possible. Being so far away, no one can do as much as they'd like. The family is really sweet. I haven't interacted with them as much as others have, but I consider them unforgettable. The kids are the sweetest - they smile and hug like they've known you for ages.

Well, this week the mom went in for a biopsy, and while that was clean, she learned that her kidneys are failing and that she has a brain aneurysm. She will need to start dialysis, likely next week. What makes it scary for her is that her mother died from a brain aneurysm, as well.

She doesn't think it's her time to go yet, and neither do I. But that doesn't mean that the next months are going to be easy for her. I believe there may even be something positive to come out of all this, but if you think of it, pray for Jeanita and her family. Everything counts, right?

No comments: