A moment of silence for my holiday crankiness.
Ok. I say this knowing full well that I'm really really tired, so I shouldn't actually be saying it. Because I'm not sure how much I mean it. My Thanksgiving and Christmas humdrum has apparently extended itself to Easter, which is weird. It's not like my family ever did anything special on Easter, once I got over the age where I got baskets. I can't even remember whether we did any sort of "Easter dinner". So why should I be sad and disagreeable about Easter? My best guess is that I just wish I had the option of what I was doing for Easter. The option of going to church.
I think I'm a little sad because we'd planned a writer's group session for Sunday (quite by accident) and I was looking forward to seeing people. Tenatively, they've all got other plans...and I certainly don't blame them. That's awesome. Maybe I'm just jealous that they have plans they like. I don't know.
Holidays and I just don't get along. Maybe next year I just won't celebrate holidays. I'll deliberately go out, get a part time job, and work every major holiday.
Yeah, I'm tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So I found out today that you can just buy brownie mix. It's already in a box and there is instructions on it and everything. So I am totally trying to make brownies RIGHT NOW! Yes, it's 11:30PM. on a Friday but I DON'T CARE. I want Brownies. I'm sure my method is hilarious. I'll probably blog about it later.
~Dave
Good for you! It's never too late to bake. How'd they turn out?
Post a Comment