Wednesday, April 22, 2009

She came, she saw, she collapsed on the floor.

...and then, she ran out of things to talk about.

I just haven't been very chatty lately. Part of it has to do with just how busy I've been lately. I've had something important to do every day since last Tuesday, not counting the little last minute surprises and complications. In fact, I'm actually playing hooky from stuff today because the last week has been so hectic. But yeah, busy busy busy.

Yesterday was particularly ripe. My shoulders have been tense (see above) and so I decided to take a bath with these awesome lavender bath bons I got from the bridal shower Sunday. Well, I ended up sloshing some water out of the tub that Koo wanted to help herself to. I didn't want her to lick that up, so I locked her out of the bathroom. Took a shower, came out, and the last few days of her feeling "meh" had culminated in poop on the floor, smeared on the sheets and yet...still mostly attached to her bum. So I had to toss her in the tub (I had *just* replaced the shower liner, too.) and try and wash her. She was particularly uncooperative, and when she went to shake off water...poop went flying and we'll leave it at that. Running, sliding and nearly falling across the tile (me, not her) and then I had to go get groceries, because I was going to take food to some awesome folks that just had a baby a couple weeks ago. Was running short on time because of our unexpected adventures with the tub, and I suddenly realize ... no tomatoes. NO TOMATOES?!?!? There was absolutely nothing that could be done to replace the tomatoes and still have an edible dish, so I had to wait for the cornbread to finish and then dash to the store in the rainy rush hour. Then my father-in-law came over to look at Matt's car because Monday the steering wheel column started smoking. (The wires for the headlights melted. Seriously.)

All ended well, save for the back spasm I had this morning, but that day sums up my week. Busy. Hectic. Unexpected.

I hope to get back to the things I enjoy doing (reading, writing, painting, breathing...) soon. The worst of it should be over. We just have DnD II tomorrow night, Friday's empty, Saturday will hopefully be spent with friends, and Sunday is the MIL's birthday hoopla.

2 comments:

Rachael Elisabeth-Cahours Acklin said...

OHMYGOD. That's all I have to say.

Poop!! Flying in the air!! *faints*

Sarah Ski said...

Fun, huh? I spent the rest of the day paranoid that I'd find a chunk of poop that I'd missed. At least she's a small dog. If she were larger - forget it. I couldn't deal with poop of that magnitude.