I love May. April is pretty cool, but May is da-bomb. Stan and my father in law are very fortunate to share that wonderful month with my birthday. When I was in grade school, May was the end of the school year, making it doubly fantastic.
I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing for Stan's birthday. Original plans involved a guitar. But since he's getting his current one fixed, and I can't positively guarantee that he will love the one I picked out, I decided it's better to forgo it. But I told him that if he gets to playing guitar regularly again, I am MORE than happy to buy him the guitar of his choice. I AM doing something special for him, though ... because it's his 25th birthday. (and I am far more excited over that fact than he is) I think it's pretty sweet, because that means our car insurance rates go down...er...because I love my husband so much! :D
This is the first year in a few that I've actually decided that I want my birthday to be fussed over. So I decided that I'm having a lan party on my birthday, because it's easy, fun, and my birthday is on a Saturday, so it's practically a sign from the heavens. Tentatively, I'm thinking about making a lasagna for the meat-eaters, a manicotti for the vegs, a salad, and doing a chocolate cake and some cookies. I think I'll ask someone to pick up a bag of chips or two, but other than that, yes, I am really insane enough to want to make all of that. (If you're polite, you call it "ambitious") I think I'm going to try and have a mini-tournament, where 4 or 5 of the games earn points, and the winner(s?) get a little something. I figure that's my best shot at making everyone play Mario Kart and Disney Scene-it along with the usual WarIII. I think it'll be a blast...even if I do feel quite "ambitious" for having thought it all out so far in advance. I just...haven't gotten excited over my birthday in a few years. So, be happy for me. :P
The only way I could see this crumbling is if Matt's grandparents are devious and decide that they want to cash in their "coupons" for us/them to come visit on that day. I think I would get a LOT of crap for telling them no. But as Matt told me earlier, I'm rather ... "worst case scenario" minded. I doubt it'll actually happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i like May a lot too.
:)
Post a Comment