The above title is a partial quote by Matt, who is playing Mariokart Wii at the moment, and attempting to navigate his way across the Rainbow Road, and grumbling about being bounced across the screen into oblivion. (He did win, btw)
Today, I was woken up to Jessica Simpson's "Let it Snow" and I admit, I was baffled. Our alarm clock has had the radio dial changed at least a couple times in the past month, and no one really knows how - usually though, it wakes us up to some Spanish station, or a polka station. (Or a Spanish polka?) So, as the 5:20 brain would have it, I wondered if it got switched to some sick Christmas-in-not-December station. Then came the declaration that no sane person wants to hear on April 29th - "It's cold enough to snow!" My eyes flew open in horror.
This was "reckoning day" with our 'old' apartment. I headed over there at about 10:30 and stayed until a little after 1, cleaning. The place looks "great", that is, about as fine as when we moved in. If you didn't know better, you'd think it was nice. I was a little bit stressed out about the carpet not coming as clean as I'd like it to, but Matt reminded me of all the things that they said they'd fix but didn't, like, the countless outlets that never actually held plugs, the windows that didn't have screens and were drafty, et cetera. So I guess I don't feel so bad, I just ... am kinda hoping for that deposit back, though I'm not counting on it. I just need to remember to tell the apartment people that the stuff in "our" bin isn't actually ours. Maybe they'll dump it and really tick off whomever has been using it these past six months. Well... yeah... probably not. They're not exactly motivated sometime.
I ordered Matt's b-day present today. I'm so stoked. I think he's gonna love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Rails are not that bouncy! I got bounced clear across the track, launched into the void to burn up in the earth's atmosphere and be reborn across a thousand suns...or something."
Post a Comment