Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Old and Weird

Last night, Matt and I went grocery shopping. I was content to wait a couple more days, but he wanted to take some stuff to work, and I guess he's running low on lunch food. (He started taking stuff like Ramen noodles to work and just keeping them there. So I just never know if he's running low these days) Well, I saw that there were some pretty awesome sales at Kroger this week, so I decided to go there. I'm not really a Kroger shopper - sometimes they have some pretty good sales, but whatever isn't on sale is usually way more expensive than it should be. For instance, my favorite lipton tea packets - 1.92 - 1.99 at Walmart/Target. Kroger? 3.99.
But this week, they had enough to make it worth my while - though almost any store that will put milk, eggs, AND meat on sale is enough to get my business. If there's one downside to shopping with Matt - I end up buying more than I would on my own, because I'll be walking along and hear an "oooh!" so I'll just tell him to pick it up. (Usually it is food he can eat for lunch, so I figure that he might as well.) So our total was $86, and I about croaked. Then they scanned my kroger card, and the total went down to $67. That's still more than I usually spend, but we're eating pretty darn good this week, Matt should have enough lunches for a couple of weeks, and we've got stuff that will last us longer than just this week. So we're pretty well stocked, and that's awesome. Oh, and the Kroger near us has a sushi bar. Do you know how hard it is to walk into that Kroger, knowing there's sushi - no - FRESH sushi, in a variety of flavors - and not pick it up? But alas, I feel very old at my excitement over groceries. You'd think I'd picked up a Prada purse or something.

Matt's parents are buying 1/4th of a cow and putting it in their freezer. It was creeping me out enough when it was some mail-order cow. But apparently they know the guy, who is slaughtering the cow locally. Okay, so that all makes sense, it's cheaper that way, it's fresher, and they used to do it all the time when we all were farmers. But ... *gag!!* Something about it creeps me out to no end. I like to pretend that I don't know where meat is coming from - so needless to say, I don't think I'll be able to eat any beef at the Smyczynski's for quite some time.

Lastly, I had a dream last night. Periodically, my dreams leave me going - "whaaa?" and this was one of them. I was at a candlelite party - at Katie Holmes' house. I was downstairs with some women and I was playing with Suri. Suri was really cute, by the way, she could sorta sing and dance. So when Katie came downstairs, I asked her if she's where Suri got it from, and she said yeah. So the party was over, I went upstairs and I asked Katie if she'd like to hang out sometime. I said we could do it at her house so the press wouldn't follow her around, and she said that'd be cool, she'd like that. Then Tom Cruise showed up. He was saying how he'd have to check Katie's calendar for her and see if he could set something up - he was really pretty toolish about it. Then I was sitting on their couch, and he basically had a little breakdown that required me to sit there, stroke his hair, and tell him that everything was okay, that Katie loved him, and that he was a very lucky man. Katie walked by, and the weird thing, is that she totally understood what I was doing. So then, he started to change into his underwear (I'm NOT describing that. It was icky.) and I said that I'd let myself out.
So why I had a dream about Katie Holmes, I have no idea. I've never really liked Katie Holmes, I really don't like Tom Cruise. My dreams are so weird.

No comments: