Wednesday, April 9, 2008

There is a land beyond the 'net ...

Well, we're getting there. Slowly, but we're getting there.

My apologies to Olson's finger, which "got" slammed in the trailer Friday night.

The good news, is that all of our big furniture has been moved, as well as the majority of our stuff. Matt has been working fairly diligently on weaning out stuff he no longer needs as we unpack. We also have WAY more space somehow. The cupboards and closets are different proportionally here, and I'm starting to realize that this is working to our advantage. I managed to get three cupboards worth of food into just over one here - and that's without any crazy stacking or cramming techniques.

The bad news is that this is taking way too long. I'm about ready to go over to Davison with a trash bag and just junk what's left - then I realize that what is left is my kitchenaid, our bedding, my printer, the microwave. Oh, but of course the playstation and the wii are both hooked up, as is the stereo equipment. Boys...I tell ya.

We finally got internet over here today, which means that I can resume life. It's not that drastic, really, in fact, it was kind of nice to not have the internet as a distraction, but of course, this would be the week that I've got things nipping at my heels that require internet access. Are ya'll kiddin' me?

Today was ... well, I can't really *complain* about it, but it was interesting in all the wrong ways. Mikenna was constipated really really badly, and while that was going on, the outside door blew shut, leaving me no choice but to drag a constipated dog 1/2 mile up and 1/2 mile back to go fetch a key from the office. Then I had to bathe said dog's rear end, and she shook poop all over our until now, clean tub. Then the cable guy came and no cable came with it. A hassle later, they'd finally set things up for me, but there was an outage across our section of Michigan. Then tonight, Mattchew spilled wite out on the brand new carpet. It came out no problem, but it was the proverbial frosting on the cake. I decided it was in my best interest not to drive today - who knows what scariness might have come from THAT.

So yes. Here I am, internettian world. Did you miss me?

No comments: