I think I need to step awaaaaay from the internet.
Yesterday, I read about a lady who lost her dog suddenly. The dog was just sitting there, healthy, fine, and then, it was gone. It was a fairly young dog, too. I hate that. I mean, I know it's the sad reality that you will bury many animals because of their lifespan. But I can't even comprehend losing Mikenna. It's terrible - I can't tell you how often my mind goes "oh, gee, she's almost five. what if she only has X more years?"
Today I'm reading about gas prices and rising food prices, and it's enough to put my stomach in a knot! Oh-my-gosh-maybe-I-shouldn't-let-Matt-order-that-wireless-card! *Wheeeeeze* It baffles me as to how we're supposed to live. I saw today that Michigan puts a .36 cent tax per gallon of gas. While I think that's absurd and they should do away with it, I've already seen what a bunch of whiny negotiators Michigan legislators are, and they'd only make up for it by raising the state tax again. Oh, because heaven forbid you don't make 100k a year to come roast your rump in a chair.
I really *don't* understand how a couple making under 30k a year, with a husband driving 80+ miles to work and back a day, is supposed to live.
Then I hear that there are riots in lesser developed countries over wheat and rice shortages. See, the thing is, with all this technology available these days, I think we "know more" than we used to. Are we really as bad off as the media keeps saying, or are we bad off because the media says we are and scares us into it? Are the food shortages overseas something to really be concerned with, or is it something that happens periodically, will correct itself, and is being overblown over here? Bigger yet, are gas prices really truly "accurate", or is this another "gas scare" ala the 1970's? Because it really wouldn't surprise me if it were Bush's fault somehow...and I'm saying this as a Republican.
I just don't get it. Why aren't we more upset? Why are we just sitting back with apathy and letting things happen? Why aren't we punching down Washington's doorsteps and demanding they do something about gas prices? (Because you know that they could do SOMETHING) Why aren't we demanding a resolution to this "war"? Why are almost all of us on the same page, but yet, we just let things go?
Well - at least it's supposed to be pretty good weather for the next couple of days. The government can't eff that up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment