A chain of thought. :)
I think we've reached "burnout zone" on moving - in fact, I think we reached it days ago. There's still a few armfuls of stuff at the old apartment, and not only do we keep NOT going to get it, we aren't unpacking much either. This is just getting hard on both of us, especially for me. I've been more or less "moving" for almost two years. I didn't have the room/ability to unpack a whole lot at Matt's parents', and I also switched bedrooms halfway through. I didn't unpack everything in our first apartment, and Karen was living with me, and then Matt, and we were having trouble deciding what to do with our extra room. Then we got flooded out, and the last apartment didn't even feel like ours, it was just a bright, smelly hotel room. This place, we actually love, and see potential in. We have a plan for our second bedroom, and it's just us two living here. We're going through stuff, assessing need and the ability to get rid of stuff, but yet ... We're burned out. It's stressful and depressing, because we'd really like to have folks over - but - we're just not ready for it.
The other reason we're not making a ton of progress is just that we've been busy. A dinner with Matt's family one night, getting his car fixed another, small group, bible study, hanging with friends, church functions. It's not that it's all bad stuff, but it's just ... a lot, sometimes. Maybe it wouldn't be so much if our apartment(s) were taken care of, but since they're not, it's another burden.
Speaking of burdens, this *one* pampered chef party. It is the bane of my existence right now - it has been one thing after another, and just when I thought everything was all taken care of, I get a message saying that a couple cards have been declined. Then, I'm going through my papers and I can't find the contact information for these two people that I need to contact, so I'm forced to contact my host and ask her to get me numbers. I can only hope that she's gracious enough to do that for me. Seriously, the thought of this show makes my chest tighten.
Looking at my calendar also makes me sick. I think it'll all start to die down in a couple of weeks, and I could focus on other things. Our last week of bowling is this week, followed by an off-week, then the banquet. I'm not sure if I'm bowling next year - I want to, but there are variables. They're talking about moving the location next year, to either Gerlach's or Imlay City. If they do Imlay City, well, that's just way too far for me to go on a weekly basis, especially in the winter. Gerlach's, I'll do. I'd also like to try and convince someone else to bowl with me and Betty. We need a teammate who will be a bit understanding - who wouldn't get upset when you have to tell her four weeks in a row to bowl on the *other* lane, or explain for the tenth time that we really can fix the score on the screen. You don't have to be good, mind you. In fact, I frown upon bringing someone who would be competitive and a really good bowler on board. But by June, the bible study in Hadley should also wrap up, so if I can just hang in there for the next few weeks, at least bowling will be on hiatus.
Oddly enough, bowling goes on hiatus on Matt's birthday. 24 - holy cow. It's not that it sounds old to me, it's just that we started dating when he was still 20. To me, he's Matt, and I don't really think of him having an age very often. I know what I'm getting him for his birthday, and I'm stoked. I don't know what we're doing for it though - Matt mentioned wanting something low-key, and while I don't disagree (I'm not really the "plan a party" type), I would like to do something special as a couple at least.
Mikenna's obsessively barking at something, and I need to shut her up. Gah. I love her, but the shrillness sometimes gets overwhelming.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment