Friday, May 2, 2008

Who knew?

I gave Matt his mystery gift yesterday. Rockband for the PS3. I know, what an awesome wife, eh?

Today I started my first cake decorating class at Joann's. So last night, I had to bake a cake. Well, I don't typically make round 9" cakes that need to look good. I go for the basic "in a rectangle" cakes that stay in their happy little container. So I didn't know that you should take the cake out (or at least loosen it) after about 10 minutes out of the oven. Let's just say that my cake ended up in about 5 pieces, and I might be underestimating here. So I was actually a little relieved when I found out that we didn't actually need the darn cake today. But, on the bright side, I now have a cake (or, uh, chunks of cake) to put together and try my hand at "fancy schmancy frosting" techniques.

Did I mention that the pampered chef clan is coming to my house tomorrow morning? I'm not sure what I was thinking, probably that I would be more organized by this point.

I am seriously considering just dropping pampered chef, though. Business just isn't picking up like I hoped it would. I'm sure it has a lot to do with "oh em gee! the economy is teh sukzorz!" that is ALL you hear on the news.

I want something a little more consistent. I don't need to make a TON of money, I just want to bring in a little something. I want to feel like I contribute, because I really don't feel like I do. I, uh, feel pretty loser-ish, actually. Though I make a mean lasagna and a great cake. (When it's not in a 9" round pan)

No comments: