Luckily this cake turned out much better than the first.

The finished product.

Matt's mom smilingly dubbed me the official cake maker of the family. Um. No. :)
I actually *like* this so far, and I don't want to ruin it by having to bake cake for Matt's gazillion relatives.
Matt's actual birthday cake though ... wasn't so pretty.

We got home from Olson's really late on Friday, and so I threw together the ice cream layer but forgot to put the wax paper down first. So Saturday morning, the ice cream wouldn't budge, and in my panic, I threw the cake layer on top of the ice cream, and covered it with cool whip.
Note to self: HOT CAKE MELTS ICE CREAM.
It tasted good, though.

1 comment:
Even though the last cake wasn't quite so pretty as the others, I bet it tasted fantasic. Cake + ice cream...how could you go wrong? :-)
Post a Comment