Sunday, March 9, 2008

A "Smash"ing Weekend

The hubby and I are busy, to say the least. We only have a day or two on which we don't have something that we do on a regular basis. All of it is, to some degree, by choice, but that doesn't mean that we don't get burned out occasionally. I think we've been running full-steam since shortly after our wedding. Don't get me wrong - I like our schedule. I thrive best on being somewhat busy, with having some concrete markers that I need to plan around. But I think we just reached burn out mode last week. We ended up staying home from a lot of our usual plans. So it wasn't the most productive week, but it was nice - especially this weekend.

Stan got Smash Bros Brawl today, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the game. It's not really my type of game - especially for the multiplayer, but the adventure mode in this one is surprisingly engrossing. It plays as much like an action RPG as something like Odin Sphere or Kingdom Hearts. As fun though, was having my sister in law and her boyfriend over. We don't see enough of them. :)

We also went to see a movie this weekend. We don't really do that, mostly because we don't find enough movies worth seeing in a theater, or we just don't end up finding the time to go. Sadly for the hubby, my "only child" streak seems to come out when it comes to movies, and I'm rather picky about what I'll see. Hey, it's fine if HE wants to go see Mr. Macho Martial Arts Plays Ping Pong With Napoleon Dynamite, but I want to see Encanted, or Elizabeth: The Golden Age. At least, in his favor, more than half the time, I want to see something with at least a little testosterone in it - such as Star Wars, Spiderman, Xmen, etc. But I asked Matt if we could go see "The Other Boleyn Girl". We had originally agreed on seeing Jumper, but we haven't heard very many good things about it. (I would very much see it at the $2 theater, or rent it later though!) I apologize that Stan had to sit through that...But oooooh. It re-kindled my love of historical movies...and of history. (Not that the movie was terribly *accurate*, it was at least interesting!)

I'm contemplating some sort of 'reward system' for myself. Say, if I meet my goal for SVEN, perhaps I'll enroll for a class this fall. Perhaps ...

No comments: