Aaaaand, we're off!
We didn't get a whole lot moved yesterday, because we had church and then went out to lunch with Karen and James, so we didn't really get going on anything until around 2. We packed up six boxes of stuff and hauled them over to the apartment. Matt (and to a lesser extent I) put together a five shelf bookcase for the living room. We're getting rid of the white furniture that came from Matt's parents. It's at least a decade old, falling apart, and the tv stand is more ecru and white than white. Oh, and our living room furniture is black and silver, apparently, so the white really gives it a "zebra"ish quality that I'm ready to do away with. :)
It took Matt an hour or two to put it together (the thing was much huger than we thought it was going to be!), and then we put our books on it. I've come to realize that, something in the very nature of the last move made me apathetic to how things were organized. After we were moved in, I could have gone back and re-organized things at any time, but I just never wanted to. I just never really liked this place enough. But already, I'm being very definite in how I want things done this time around. I'll probably give in and be stuffing things in corners by the end, but for now, that's how it goes.
Today it's raining, and that's depressing. In fact, the only days that it's *not* supposed to rain, are the only days that I can't really work on the apartment, or have limited time. (Wednesday I'm going to a photography seminar in Detroit, Saturday I have the monthly pampered chef meeting, and Sunday is a bridal shower for a friend down in timbuktu.)
A very long, snowy winter, and now rain rain rain. Michigan is laughing at me, and I don't find it funny!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment