I'm not enjoying this prospect of my wrist being injured again. I'm trying to be a good girl and keep a brace on it where I can, but the lower velcro has decided to stop sticking, and boy, does that get irritating. Also, it's hard to type with it on, and, well, it's annoying. I'm trying to baby it, but there's always stuff to be done, so it's difficult.
I did really awesome with the grocery shopping yesterday - a week's worth of groceries for $47, and that includes a $7 corned beef, and an $8 cd book. (to organize games) With the exception of going straight up organic, I'm noticing that the fewer processed things (such as box mixes, cookies, frozen dinners) you buy, the cheaper it is. Also, if you're willing to "package it yourself", it's much cheaper as well. Yogurt is SO much cheaper if you buy the big container and put it into a little plastic cup yourself, as is applesauce. Not to mention, I think it's better for the environment not to be throwing out little plastic containers every day. All this stuff is, I suppose, common sense. But learning it myself is still pretty fun. :)
In the glory days of writing for me, it was at 11-12 at night, sitting in the dark of my bedroom, listening to Star Wars soundtracks. However, I find that being married puts me at odds with my 'ideal' writing scenario. The hubby is in bed at about the time I'm ready to settle down and write, and I feel weird sitting up late, knowing that he has to get up so early. So I'm forced to try and find another time. It'll have to be during the day, while he's not home, because I tried last night to write while he was sitting next to me, and I got a grand total of two sentences. Though, in all fairness, I described the process as like trying to put an earring in a hole after you haven't had one in a while, there's that gunk and skin in the hole that makes getting it through difficult.
Anyway - it's not a lot, but 1080 words. Hubby says that I've done a good job with "creating an entire freaking universe" in 1000 words. He called it "authentic", and "way better than anything (he's) ever written". I find that pretty exciting, since I haven't written anything substantial since fall of 2005, and I also think the hubby is a very good writer. I really can write well, I don't think you can really tell that from the random mumbling that is my blog. I just had to make note of his comments, for prosterity. :) I'd like to see if I can get some more written today, but, well, life. You know how it is. Cooking, cleaning, animals, and all that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Boy, do I! Real life often interferes with my writing. And whenever I sign up for a challenge, like Sven, I find it's twice as hard to find the time.
Good luck and keep writing!
P.S. Would love a snippet of your work. I don't even know what genre you write in!
Hey Sarah -
Just sliding by to congratulate you on the 1080 words. Matt sent me. lol We met during the last 70 Days of Sweat. I'm not participating this round, but I'm familiar with the drill. ;-)
Keep writing! Hope your wrist improves quickly. Go Sven!
For the record, everyone should know I wasn't just saying that because she's my wife. :)
Post a Comment