I spent a large part of the day comparing things like square footage, gas milage, and included utilities. I am bound and determined that the next place we move should be the last for at least two years. Tomorrow, my wonderful sister in law is taking the afternoon to go around with me and talk to apartment people. You might think that taking my barely five foot and twenty year old sister in law is an odd choice when it comes to something like this, but no. Karen is super intelligent and was rolled with a natural 20 on charisma and influence. She asks all the right questions, and she has this awesome way of getting answers. I'm taking a camera with me and getting pictures for the hubby.
Today was also Monday - which means grocery day. Maybe it has something to do with the apartment hunting, but it was like someone put my brain on lockdown and refused to let it think of ideas for supper. I eventually gave up, scrawled out a list and went out to my car...when I noticed that the car door had been opened.
Larry has had some problems this winter. Well, I wouldn't call them problems, they're more like - he's an old car and really doesn't like this cold weather. We've had quite a few adventures with my driver door this winter. Any dreary day near freezing with percipitation means that the lock isn't going to work. Saturday, this was the case. I could use my key to manually get in the door (thankfully, as this has not been the case a lot this winter - I've been "dukes of hazard"ing my way into the car a lot), but the auto lock on the inside wouldn't affect the driver door. Well, I ran a couple errands Saturday morning and came home. I didn't bother manually locking the door, probably because I assumed I'd drive later that day. Also, I have little junky odds things in my car, a couple notebooks, shoes, a few discarded directions and grocery ads - the only really valuable thing is my bowling ball, and I figure that if they REALLY want my bowling ball and tennis shoes, they can have at it.
So I come out today and see that the door is open. Not WIDE open, but it was not latched, and resembled what I would do if I were, say, warming up my car, wanted the warm air to stay in the car, but was paranoid that I'd lock myself out. The seatbelt was pulled on the seat, as I left it - I've been taking better notice to stick the seatbelt on the seat rather than let it hang in a door that tends to freeze over. But what really gave off the 'this ain't right' trigger was that my phone charger and lock de-icer had been moved out of the center console and was nearly sitting on my driver's seat. I looked all around the car, in and out, and for the life of me, nothing is missing. Not my insurance papers, not my bowling ball, not even my sealed wiper blades. I checked around to make sure that my car hadn't been tampered with under the hood, or tires, or in the gas tank. Honestly, I think I would feel a little better about the situation if they had taken something. At least then I would feel like it made a lick of sense.
Needless to say, I'm a bit shaken up by it, and certainly not happy. With any luck, the weather will at least remain where it is, and the door/lock will work properly. It just makes you feel a little bit violated - this is my car, if you're not going to take something, just leave it alone! I'm also never parking along that tree line again, since it wasn't even a month ago, that I was told by one of our neighbors that the cops had been called on a man who was crouching in the treeline. "Out for a walk" he said. It's things like this that make me feel better about moving.
The babycat is getting her hoo ha all torn up in the morning. I feel so bad about doing this to her, only because I can't explain to her that I'm only doing it because I love her. Anxiety-Sarah fears that something will go wrong and we won't have an Aeris Beatrice to bring home, and then I would forever question whether it truly was in her best interest, or just for my own comfort. Rational-Sarah knows that this very likely isn't the case, that our little bean will be fine, though uncomfortable for a few days. I wonder, do you think a cat is capable of noticing that they don't go into heat anymore? One day, will it dawn on her that she hasn't had any urges to get freaky with Matt's laptop, stick her butt in the air, and otherwise re-create a Madonna video?
Babycat will be fine. Babycat will be fine. Babycat will be fine.
I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment