Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oh man, *progress*

It's a shame that I really loathe exercising, because my body seems to really take to it. (This makes me wonder if I'm not really as genetically un-athletic as I've always thought.)

I've exercised six days in a row, which is a big huge deal for me. Because really, I'd rather sit in a white room with nothing to entertain myself than exercise. I've been varying it up, which seems to help me emotionally and physically.

One day, I treadmill. My minimum goal is half a mile or ten minutes, though last time I did over a mile and 21 minutes. The next day, I do part of a Jillian Michaels' video. She's a really intense workout. I'll probably break down in tears of joy the day I actually complete the video. But tonight, I managed 17:51 of the 50 minute workout. Eventually I'd like to change it up with some other things too (we have a library of workout videos, heh), but right now this is working for me because I don't have to think about it beyond whether it's a treadmill day or a jillian day.

Jillian seems to really be helping my endurance. It makes the treadmill feel SO easy that I'm inspired to push on further, harder, faster. The treadmill feels like my day off, but again - I'm pushing myself further each time, so I feel pretty awesome at the end of it. So it's a nice cycle of "oh man, tomorrow is my treadmill day, but I did so awesome today that I can't wait until I do the Jillian video the next time!"

I'm starting to see my body lean out a little bit, too. I mean, yes, it's like taking a stick out of a haystack, but at least *I'M* finally starting to notice. The boy is good to me - he tells me every time he sees something that looks different to him. But I haven't really seen much of what he's been talking about. Or I have to try really hard. No. I'm actually starting to see it for myself, and that makes me exponentially happy.

This weekend, I went on an underwear buying trip, since the dryer has a terrible fetish with mine. (I'm lucky if I get more than a few wears out of it before the dryer puts a hole in it. I took a gamble and bought a size smaller than I did last time. Well, they're a bit tight, but no tighter than the current set were when I bought them. So that's an underwear size down, at least.

And yes. In conjunction with weight loss is really the only time I'll talk about my underwear.

2 comments:

Rachael Elisabeth-Cahours Acklin said...

Buying smaller underwear = ultimate exercising WIN.

YAY for you! Now I'm more inspired to keep on with my paltry exercising, hahaha. :)

Krista Heiser said...

A new healthy diet and exercising..that's awesome. I must second Rachel's YAY.