Thursday, January 7, 2010

Last night = YARG/FAIL

I was pretty tired last night, since I stayed up too late the previous two nights. (When you get up at 5 with the boy, staying up 'til 12 is a little brutal) I gathered up a couple stray dishes and headed out to the kitchen to load up the dishwasher so I could go to bed. I saw Koo rubbing her face on the blankets. That's ... odd ... since she almost only does that when ... noooo, she wouldn't.

Scrape dishes, fire up dishwasher. Koo's sitting on the blankets, looking strangely guilty. Pull blanket out, it's wet. Maybe she just licked it. (yeah, right) pull out other blanket. It's tinted yellow. It's also 10:00, and we're not allowed to do laundry after 9 pm. Commence throwing of tantrum.

Soak the blankets in woolite, because, hey, what else can I do? Go to bed. Can't find tv remote, which I needed since my brain was in "WAAAAAH" mode. Cat is evil most of the night.

Maintenance has replaced the light at the corner of the building with one that is not motion detected. Also, it is bright enough that I have taken to calling it the "solar flare". Even with our light blocking curtains, the light is SO CLOSE that it's in my face. Wake up at 2 ... 3 ... and 4 .... 5 am comes too soon. Yet, I drag myself out of bed and make Matt some food to take to work. Wish that our weather wasn't so crappy so that he could stay home today and nurse my mental health.

Find clicker. Rejoice! Eat delicious smoothie. Go back to bed. Cat resumes being insanely bad animal. Get about 15 minutes of sleep per half an hour. No point in getting up until 9 anyway. Get up and lock animals out of bedroom, because I'm still pretty sore with the dog. She hasn't been that ridiculous in a long time.

Have enough quarters for ONE load of laundry. Look at dismal pile of laundry and mumble about having to waste the load on peed on blankets. Decide offspring is out of the question. Discover that we've got about two loads worth of detergent. FAIL.

Day is too cold, am without ice scraper, and cannot go out. Will snow an accumulating amount later this afternoon, likely resulting in a late-from-work husband who will be irritated. Wonder how many times you can febreeze underwear ... and cringe. Am extra irritated that husband works too far away to just come home.

The last 12 hours have been full of fail.

No comments: