This is "uuber-crazy-hectic-busy-lose-my-mind" week.
Wednesday - Bible study in hadley; small group.
Thursday - Hair apt; Adrienne's wedding rehearsal
Friday - Cake class II; Possibly assisting at a wedding that night
Saturday - Adrienne's wedding
Sunday - Pentecost
Are you kidding me?!?
Thankfully this should be the last, and most hectic, week for quite a while. Today was the last bible study for the summer, and it's our last week with the small group as well. It'll be very, very nice for the few weeks where my only obligation will be the cake class. Then, I have a hunch that we'll start working with the 'youth group'. I feel really awful saying this, but right now, I have absolutely zero desire to pick up the youth group. We're looking at trying to do it on Sundays after church, twice a month. That way, people are already there, we're already there, and it minimizes the driving involved. But if that's not approved ... I don't know how much desire for this that I'm going to have. I really hope that having a couple weeks of downtime will help me feel more optimistic about it, because right now ...
I really need to start making the cake I promised to the small group tonight. But in order to do that, I need to finish the dishes. In order to finish the dishes, I need to get up. Do you see a problem here? I also need to shower, and tweeze my eyebrows, and clean the carpet ... and someday, maybe, actually clean my poor apartment. That's why I need some time at home, so I can clean the apartment, and then tazer people when they don't put things back. But if I'm not home, or home only a little bit at a time, my ambitions are NOT on cleaning, trust me.
Don't get me wrong - I'm totally stoked at being able to use my camera for something other than dog pictures this weekend. Shooting a wedding by myself is really intimidating, plus I'm not sure if the weather is going to cooperate with me. I know that I have the ability...It would just be super nice if it went smoothly. Give me a little confidence, eh? Hence why I really hope I'm still on with Amanda on Friday. Nothing like a little "last minute" practice.
Some people moved in upstairs last week. So far they've been relatively quiet - I think I've only really heard anyone around 10 am when the guy gets up to shower. But I detest their presence. (I'll get over it...probably.) I liked that no one lived above us. I wasn't paranoid about making noise when we were alone on this side of the building (though in all likelihood, we can hear them better than they can hear us). Plus, the guy ran in and shut me out of the building once when I was out with Mikenna. Since our outside doors lock, it's just been common courtesy within the 3 neighbors to leave the door unlatched if you see one of the other neighbors coming or going. But no, he locked me out - and of course I didn't have my key. Also, since they moved in, the parking has been pretty tight where it used to be quite plentiful. There aren't any lines in the lot, which stinks, so I decided that I'd start trying to park closer to the cars next to me in order to conserve space. (Because everyone parks so widely spaced that it probably takes away 3-4 spaces) Well, of course, I see that the neighbor has half a car length between his car and the one next to him. So I've decided that they annoy me. Which I know is silly. They could have a big huge loud thundering dog, but they don't. So they should be okay in my book. But grr.
Ok, that's it. I really need to get going here. Blah.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment