Being gone all week really wore me out - and it's left my house a mess. Seriously - I'm not sure that I have a kitchen table right now, I just have this mound of *stuff*. I still need to get that taken care of, but it's slowly coming along. (Just, emphasis on the "slowly")
Also, I'm involved in the tedious and seemingly never-ending task of photo-editing. Granted, it's taking me much longer than I think it will in the future, because I'm being very particular. (And it's my first time doing quite this bulk of editing, so naturally, it's trial and error) I'm just completely committed to these pictures turning out fantastic, which, I already think they are. The average right now is about 20 minutes per image - I'm not sure if that sounds like a lot or not. I think it's actually pretty quick, considering what I'm doing, but it's 20 minutes per image, with no clue how many images I'm going to end up with. (I have in the neighborhood of 600, but obviously not all of them are worth editing to begin with) Oddly, the most depressing AND the most fulfilling aspect of the editing is that all my work is virtually unnoticed. Aside from obvious stuff like making duplicates where one is black and white, or colorizing something, I like the work to be subtle. I want to improve the image, make it how I believe it's "intended", not distracting. So that means, all my work, evening out skin tones, fixing blemishes, photoshopping trees, covering up bra straps - if I do it correctly, will be virtually invisible. As I said, it's depressing and rewarding at the same time.

1 comment:
I would be really interested in seeing some before and afters when you are all done. No reason for your work to go *completely* unnoticed. :-)
Post a Comment