Must..Make...Entry...Quick...
Cannot...Sleep...Until...Noon.
So!
We got an email tonight, saying that not only are we not being charged for the replaced carpet in our old apartment, but they're giving us our deposit back. I'm actually a little puzzled on that. I half expect to receive a bomb-letter in the mail with a note attached saying, "haha, you fools!"
Ok, not quite. But I'm still rather baffled. At best, I was hoping that we just wouldn't have to pay them any more money, because only in my wildest fantasies did they give us money. Okay, maybe those aren't my wildest fantasies. (har har - I really shouldn't ingest mountain dew an hour before bed.) I mean, technically, yes, they owe us the money, but I really didn't expect to see it. As I referenced here, the carpet fiasco was really not our fault, had we not been moved in by emergency, I think they would have taken the money from the previous tenants. Then they never gave us a checklist or a copy of the new lease. Somehow, I feel like we're getting the deposit back solely for those last two reasons. I can imagine heads spinning at the management place, and someone at windsor place getting chewed out over it...as well they probably should.
But that's still awesome. I can't remember if we should be getting back $200 or $250, but I don't really care, since it's money back and money that I'm not paying out to them.
I do, I admit, feel somewhat guilty that we're getting money back. There was like, one stain that we caused, that I could never get out. A bottle of my flavored water spilled in the living room right next to Matt one night while I was on the other side of the apartment. I guess he didn't notice, or care, or something, because I came out a while later and there was a red splotch that never came out. Granted, had it been better carpet, I'm not sure it would have stained so fast. Or maybe I can justify a small red splotch on the carpet because we about froze to death with their crappy windows. I don't know. Whatever. It's over with, which is all I really wanted.
Oh, this was not a quick entry at ALL.
Drats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like how you made it my fault :P
Hey, you didn't pick up the water bottle! :) And I *did* say that you might not have noticed. xoxo
Post a Comment