So, we went down to the courthouse to deal with Matt's ticket. I sat out by the metal detector, because there were chairs, and I had no idea where I was allowed to go. (Like I wanted to wander into forbidden territory with scary authority people around!)
It took about 40-45 minutes, and then Matt came back. I wasn't immediately sure if it was relief or irritation, the way he shrugged and sighed. It boils down to this:
For some reason, the "injury" checkbox is marked on his ticket. But if you've seen Matt's car, he couldn't have hit the guy at more than 2 mph. Plus, Matt's car was the smaller, weaker vehicle - he hit a truck's trailer hitch. The guy was also pleasant and chatting with Matt like everything was fine. So we have no idea if it was the guy or the cop who decided to mark it, but clearly it shouldn't have been.
Because of this checkbox, the guy couldn't just settle Matt's ticket, for fear that there could be lawsuit if the guy really was injured. So, we have not paid the ticket, AND Matt gets to go back for a formal hearing...like, with Denny Crane.
That side of it is ridiculously irritating. But on the bright side, Matt will have to take another day off of work to deal with it, which means I get another lunch date with my honey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for taking work off unnecessarily!
Post a Comment