Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Endurance

So, I've now exercised for 15 days in a row, which is really just a drop in the bucket as far as these things go. I'm changing up what I do pretty regularly - I haven't done the same thing for more than two days in a row without doing something else. I'm getting ready to step up the intensity a bit as soon as I get my act together. (ie: get up at a reasonable time, take care of the dishes and clear out the living room ... again.)

But my point is that I've noticed incredible growth in stamina. Things that were really hard for me not that long ago are either easy or at least do-able now. Two points:

A few months ago, I decided to try and mix running and walking on the treadmill. It failed miserably because I could really only do two thirty second sprints - I felt like I wasn't good enough, so I just gave up. This week, I tried something similar and I managed to run for 3 out of 10 minutes.

I can do the entire first workout of Jillian's 30 day shred, where 12 minutes used to be really good.

I put in a sweatin to the oldies dvd and ended up deciding that wow, it was too easy. I could have stuck out the entire 45 minute session with ease, whereas 20 minutes used to put me right out of breath.

So, it's progress, anyway, and for that I'm extremely proud.

Now tomorrow, I just need to clean up so that I can turn it up. Oddly enough, as much as I loathe exercising, I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

You already know this, but you really are doing great. First with the food and now with the exercise. You go, girl!