I have 14 minutes to say all of this in....annnnnnd GO!
I'm in the kitchen, chopping up red peppers for supper last night. I go back into the living room to wake matt up from his nap on the couch to run to the store for a 2 liter of diet pop for his sister. Lo and behold, Mikenna (delicately) had been very sick. Very. Very. Sick. On the white carpet. I let out a loud enough gasp to wake him up. I thought I got it all up well, but the brown smudge on the carpet begs to differ. I'd spot shot it/clean it again right now, but the spot shot we have is a smell that smells like dog pee PLUS really strong chemicals. Company is coming over .... I think the 2 foot smudge is less offensive than the smell would be.
Today Mikenna is constipated. Very constipated. We'll leave it at that. Let's just say - it wasn't very fun.
My dad had surgery yesterday. I joke that my father really should not have surgery ever, but it's becoming less of a joke. When I was younger, my dad had gallbladder surgery. Easy, laproscopic surgery, in, out, good. Only, they sliced his artery and nearly killed him. (I say this lightly, but it's a very scary thing.) Then, a few years ago, my dad had to have his throat "stretched" because of his bad acid reflux. No big deal, no cuts, nothing. Yeah - my dad turned out to be allergic to the anastetic they used.
So that brings us to yesterday. Relatively minor surgery. Remarkably, he makes it through without any complications. I talked to him that afternoon, and he was a bit groggy, but sounded good. Then, I find out this morning, that my dad had to be taken to the ER.
He's officially banned from having surgery now. Surgery is clearly not his strong suit.
Not to mention how I nearly got run off the road today - completely tanked my first game of bowling, and the lane we were bowling on freaking broke and we had to be moved. Oh, and the women's bathroom had an inch of water in it.
It's all good though. Everyone is alive and well. (At least, I hope Mikenna is. She seems chipper enough that I'm not worried about her.) It's just been a little too "exciting" around here. I could really use a good nap. Hopefully I'll sleep real well tonight. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, kiddo, I hope things get better for you. Just came over from the list at 70 Day Challenge. Spreading a little support around. Here's wishing us all great writing. Hope your dad and your puppy(?) feel better soon.
Post a Comment