If you're reading this blog, you probably know me. Or maybe you don't. Either way, this is my obligatory introduction post. I have to do it. I can't just write in a blog without it.
I'm in the process of simplifying things in my life. Ever since my husband and I were flooded out of our apartment last October, we've been doing a lot of thinking about what matters. We've come to realize that we both have a lot of stuff that we don't need, or even know we have. We have bins of stuff that the only time it is even acknowledged is when it's pulled out to be proclaimed "too precious to throw out!" and then shoved right back in the bin. It's a long, tedious, and not-very-fun process, but we're getting there.
Somehow, this process has leaked onto the online world for me as well. I'm logging out and de-bookmarking the sites that I no longer visit, use, or find very appealing. A couple of the places, I'm somewhat attached to, but they no longer have any draw for me. Some of them, I find very amusing, but I realize that they have very little value. They're the online equivalent of the 25 cent machines - amusing little trinkets, sometimes they even light up, but they have no value, and all they really are is junk.
So I'm on this journey. I'm de-junking, I'm growing up, becoming more responsible, learning lessons (sometimes the hard way), and taking steps towards becoming an even more awesome individual. This isn't a personal dramz blog. I don't do dramz. This is just my record of who I am, where I'm going, and where I want to be. (Okay, it's a blog. It's just not a drama-filled "oh no she di-in't" sort of blog.)
Besides. I can post pictures more easily here, and it's just prettier. Yay, pretty!
"That which has been is that which will be,
and that which has been done
is that which will be done.
So, there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there anything of which one might say,
See this, it is new?
Already it has existed for ages which were before us.
There is no rememberance of earlier things;
and also of the later things which will occur,
There will be for them no remembrance
Among those who will come later still."
(Ecclesiastes 1:9-11)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just pick one blog and stick with it sarah! :) Sheesh.
What's the fun in that? I gotta keep people on their toes.
Technically, I guess I'm not one to talk, considering the number of blogs that I have, but at least I stay consistent! :P
3.
Post a Comment